Vision and Mission Statement
The Mission statement set out by Hockey Alberta is;
“ To create positive opportunities and experiences FOR ALL PLAYERS through innovative leadership and exceptional service.”
The Vision is
“Hockey for Life”
FMMHA has taken Hockey Alberta’s Vision and Mission statement and developed our individual association philosophy to deliver our minor hockey program:
- Promote hockey as a means of providing an enjoyable and rewarding learning experience for players, to improve and maintain their fitness level and to lead an active life.
- Provide opportunities for players to learn the fundamental skills of hockey and acquired sport skills that will be the cornerstone of their future athletic development;
- Promote and develop sportsmanship, fair play, pride, self-worth and confidence and learn life skills by participating in an organized team sport activity;
- Provide opportunities for coaches to improve their skills and abilities to teach players and become role models in the community;
- Promote female hockey; Alberta currently has close to 8,000 females participating in hockey and female hockey is currently one of the fastest growing sports in the province. FMMHA is committed to creating opportunities for females to become more involved in hockey.
- Offer Minor Hockey Players the opportunity to participate in a recreational hockey program by operating the Wood Buffalo Hockey League from Initiation to Midget, ensuring all players have an equal opportunity to participate, play and develop their skills; and
- Establish and enforce policies, procedures and rules governing the operations of all minor hockey in the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo